Wednesday 18 August 2010

Delicious; thing 12

After some mucking about with Delicious, I've come to the conclusion that there's one major advantage to it from a personal point of view. This is being able to find out who else has bookmarked a particular URL and to see what other bookmarks they've got - this way you may be able to find out useful URLs you've missed.

From the perspective of a library, it could be useful, but I think I might want them to appear as though they were part of my web pages, not something completely separate. I wasn't sure about the navigation aspect either - it struck me that Firefox could do some of what Delicious can do, and I don't think it would be impossible to write the bookmarking aspect of a browser to provide a list sorted by tags.

Finally I was a bit puzzled with this comment:

Compare this with saving your bookmarks via the browser menu command, where you can only access them from the computer you saved them on.)


If you were working on two separate PCs which didn't have roaming profiles, you could of course export your URLs and import them at the other PC - this isn't difficult with Firefox, but is a bit of a pain. Alternatively you could run the browser from a memory stick - both Opera and Firefox allow this.

No comments:

Post a Comment